The official update you've been waiting for!
Brand new Amiga OS 3.1.4 for your Amiga 4000 Desktop.
Package included: (please read it carefully what exaclty is included)
- Amiga OS 3.1.4 license (worth 29.95 euro) with unique serial number which can be registered at Hyperion website for digital download as well
- 6x original Hyperion disks labels ONLY, without floppy disks! (Workbench, Extras, Storage, Fonts, Install, Locale). Please note floppy disks are not included and you will receive stickers for floppy disks only. If you wish to have physically copy of your Workbench 3.1.4 on floppy disks you need to register your license at Hyperion website (using serial number which you will receive) and download your *.adf files and then write them to your own floppy disks and put labels on your own floppy disks (labels as photo shown are included)
- 1x physically kickstart ROM sets (working with Amiga 4000 Desktop)
- English manual book in colour.
Photo is real made by ourselves so you will receive exaclty what photo shown.
The new, cleaned-up, polished Amiga operating system for your 68K machine fixes all the small annoyances that have piled up over the years. Originally intended as a bug-fix release, it also modernizes many system components previously upgraded in OS 3.9.
Contrary to its modest revision number, AmigaOS 3.1.4 is arguably as large an upgrade as OS 3.9 was, and surpasses it in stability and robustness. Over 320K of release notes cover almost every aspect of your favourite classic AmigaOS -- from bootmenu to datatypes.
- Over 20 Kickstart ROM modules and many more disk-based core OS components were fixed, updated, or added.
- Native support for all Motorola 68000-68060 CPUs, and a more robust Auto-Configuration process.
- Support for large hard disks, including boot, for any OS 2.x/3.x-compliant controller driver supporting HD_SCSI_CMD, TD_64 and/or NSD. Dedicated boot partitions are a thing of the past, even on legacy devices. You can also use variably-sized "super floppies".
- A modernized Workbench as powerful as the OS 3.9 version, including new or refreshed Preference editors in the legacy OS 3.1-"GadTools" style. Its tools such as DiskCopy and Format fully support large media. Printer, hard disk and many other support tools have been fixed and upgraded.
- Remember "Diskdoctor"? It earned its PhD and is now ready to reliably rescue data from your floppies or hard disks.
- The CLI/Shell and many of its commands have been reworked and modernized, now sporting native support for pipes, softlinks, hardlinks and long filenames. New commands support running Workbench programs from the Shell or upgrading ROM modules.
- CrossDOS and the CD-ROM filesystem are now smarter, faster, and multi-threaded, adding Rockridge and Joliet extensions as well as UDF.
- Fully reworked, modernized and bug-fixed printer drivers include support for PCL and PostScript, along with legacy NEC and Epson printers. - An optional upgradeable intuition.library provides off-screen dragging of windows for native and P96 RTG screens.
- A colorful, professionally designed icon set is included, along with the traditional four-color icons.
Vampire/ApolloCore support: Since the Vampire currently does not support Autoconfig or other established means of integrating 3rd-party kickstart modules into the OS, the ROM has to be slightly patched and modified, using tools provided by ApolloTeam. We recommend using an A1200 ROM for this purpose, but we cannot offer support for this procedure or the resulting OS. Please seek ApolloTeam website.