Real USB (HID) Adapter (working also with PS/2 protocol devices)
Ryś MK II adapter allows selected Classic Amiga computers to be used together with USB HID devices like mouse, joystick, joypad, trackball, racing wheels.
Our product provides built-in USB stack which enables USB HID devices (like a mouse, a joystick or a pad) support without the need for installing additional software drivers. Rys installation procedure consists of simply plugging it into the correct port (i.e. mouse or joystick port) of the Amiga computer.
Rys MK II has been equipped with 3 modes of emulation: one for a mouse, other for a joystick and the last one for a pad. Mouse emulation comes with 3 user-definable tracking speed options. This feature allows matching just the right speed for the concrete device being connected. All the preferences are saved to the built-in EEPROM memory – thanks to which when you reconnect the device – it is already configured! Rys comes also with "Bootloader" function facilitating future firmware upgrades.
Features DB9 connection for use with Classic Amiga computers: A500, A500+, A600*, A1200, A1500, A2000, A3000, A4000, A4000T.
- support for mice using both USB HID and USB-PS/2,
- support for USB HID joysticks,
- support for USB HID pads,
- support for both USB HID and USB-PS/2 keyboards,
- ready for use with every Amiga (although some models may require additional adapters),
- ready for use with Commodore 64 (without support for mouse),
- ready for use with Atari ST (require additional adapters),
- built-in USB stack,
- "Bootloader" function facilitating future firmware upgrades,
- "Status" indicator LED providing information about device’s state,
- built-in EEPROM memory enabling user preferences storage,
- built around 16-bit Microchip microcontroller utilizing nanoWatt technology,
- 3 mouse emulation modes,
- joystick mode (emulating original joystick behaviour),
- pad mode (emulating original pad bahaviour),
- CD32 pad mode (original CD32 pad emulation mode),
Rys automatically detects the type of the connected device and starts emulation of its original Amiga counterpart.
When our device finds a joystick or a pad it automatically switches into a pad mode. When one connects a joystick, he or she should change Rys operating mode for joystick mode by simultaneously pressing joystick’s keys 9 and 10. If the command succeeds it will be confirmed by the blinking of ‘Status’ indicator LED. Analogous operation should be performed when a pad is connected. Then one should simultaneously press "SELECT" and "START" buttons (sometimes referred to as "9" and "10").
Mouse "Bootloader" + wheel button – emulation mode selection
9 + 10 - choosing operation mode
1 - fire 1
2 - fire 2
3 - fire 3
6 - autofire 1
5 - autofire 2
Pad: SELECT + START - choosing operation mode
X - fire 1
O - fire 2
 - fire 3
R2 - autofire 1
L2 - autofire 2
Change of adapter’s operating mode is being signalled by the blinking of „Status” indicator LED.
When a joystick or a pad is connected:
1 blink – "Joystick" mode
2 blinks – "Pad" mode
3 blinks - "Pad - mouse emulation" mode
When a mouse is connected: 4 blinks – tracking speed change
* Optional adapter is required for A600 (not included)